[Malvern] gNewSense

Andy Morris zaglabod at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 7 10:26:46 GMT 2006

Darren Beale wrote:
>> RMS sees your gNewSense and raises you Ututo-e
>> http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/03/1830230&tid=23&tid=51
>
> Distro top trumps:
>
> *) % of free-ness
> *) % of SCO source code
> *) Nove^H^H^H^HMicrosoft dollars accepted
> *) Combined beard length of the development team, in meters
> *) apt or rpm
> *) Will work on a toaster, with source code obfuscated into shape of a
> penguin

Nah! Tried gNewSense and it did everything straight off the disc that
Ututo-e did not (in the article) and still doesn't yet (according to FSF
newsfeed), although U-e is getting there.

Certainly gNS beat both Knoppix and Ubuntu/Kubuntu for picking up my
Advent 7088 machine and running straight off. I can even live with GNOME.

FSF is not wholly endorsing either, but the press release for gNS is
hopeful (http://www.fsf.org/news/gnewsense).

See you tonight, if anyone is still around at 20:20.

Andy