FW: [Malvern] Streaming radio.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 24 23:01:15 GMT 2006

Richard Smedley wrote:
> What is the elevation of your home? If you're not in too
> much of a dip, you may be able to get it on VHF FM with a good
> directional antenna, and roof-mounted amplifier :)

No such luck Richard !  We are right in the shadow on the  Eastern side
of the Malverns.  I can hear Radio Cymru,  but it is a lousy broken up
signal !
> Alternatively you can get it in reasonable quality through 0154
> on BSkyB[1] - if you don't have a dish, note that this is one of
> the channels that you do not need a subscription in order to
> receive. Just the equipment, which you may be able to get
> through FreeCycle :)

We don't have digital satellite,  we use analogue satellite reception for
erman language programmes  (which are of higher quality than ours).
> Pob hwyl,
>
>  - Richard
>
> [1] Don't tune in now - it's some ghastly music programme for young people :-/

I know the problem !  Most of the the Radio Cymru programmes are
pop-music crap.
However, sometimes you can get Penillion or Cerdd dant  (spelling?)!
What I need is the spoken word
to learn the pronunciation (Gogledd neu De).

Pob hwyl a  diolch yn fawr iawn.

Geoff