[Malvern] Apple-Macs.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 15 11:14:42 BST 2006

One of my friends, a retired school-teacher, has an apple-mac.
Recently, it blew up,  - said to have been  "struck by lightening ".
Another possibility is one of those batteries !

Phil - you have an apple-laptop -  please can you tell me whether OS X has
a CLI like "konsole"  for basic hacking ?   I think it is a BSD
derivative called Darwin.

Does it support normal Unix shells,  and lastly will it run normal GNU
software ?
I suspect that they may be another proprietary lock-in organisation like M$.

Probably see you tea-time Wednesday.

Best regards,

Geoff.