[Malvern] Portable Network Graphics .PNG files

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Sun Sep 10 13:35:35 BST 2006

Geoff Bagley wrote:

> Does any member of the group use, or has a favourite viewer for .PNG
> files ?

Every modern image viewer will work. There is an image viewer section on
that list of programs I posted.
You probably have Kuickshow installed already, you certainly have a web
browser installed which will work as well.

Are you having problems viewing PNGs?

I either use GQview or when I really cant be bothered to move my hands
from the keyboard to the mouse I use the display command from the
ImageMagick suite.

> I haven't tried GNUPlot yet !
Excellent for creating graphs. Nothing to do with PNG viewers. Though
PNG is one of the bazillion different output formats available.