[Malvern] Re: Dowsing article.

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 11:21:52 BST 2006

Hi Geoff

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 09:39:13 +0100
Geoff Bagley <geoff.bagley at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the dowsing article, which was one I had not seen.
>
> I would like to down-load it and read it properly, but the margins
> and all the "eye-candy" make it a waste of paper.
>
> How can I strip it down to the basic text , and print that  (for study) ?

1 Make sure you have lynx (a text based browser) installed
2 Open a terminal and type

lynx -dump http://www.tricksterbook.com/ArticlesOnline/Dowsing.htm > /tmp/dowsing.txt

3 You can then print/view the file /tmp/dowsing.txt

The neat thing is that lynx puts references to the images and the hyperlinks in the text in case you want to refer to them.

--
Phil Ironside

01684-561495