[Malvern] Freecycle and Linux

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 4 23:20:59 BST 2007

Me again!  The following is plagarised  from the Ubuntu UK list!

A suggestion was made that when PCs are made available on Freecycle that
Linux users pick them up, scrub them out, and install a distro like Ubuntu
on 'em.

Now, even with my limited experience of hardware, I can see this opening up
a real can of worms, but it's a nice idea.

Chris / Rik what do you think to asking management to get some of the work
experience (read 'graduates') lads and lassies to do something like this?
It'd give them the chance to get their hands dirty but avoiding the need to
have security issues!