[Malvern] Memory Reliability

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Mon Aug 13 19:47:29 BST 2007

Geoff Bagley wrote:
> Chris Eilbeck wrote:
>>> That's cos apt-get is way better than rpm, innit.
But Yum is the tastiest! It's in the name.

>>> Chris
>>>

> Chris -  Would that imply that the onset of the memory leakage problem
> might be
> at installation, rather than at the  start of run-time ?

Interesting theory. But I'm going to rule some other causes out first.
Maybe I have a virus on my router, what do the others think?

> I have never, to the best of my knowledge, encountered such a problem
> since I quit Win98
> and changed to Linux.   (Firstly SuSE with RPM,  and later with Debian ).
>
> I thought SuSE was OK, but I like apt-get better than YaST/RPM, and I
> would not now run Novell since they teamed up with M$oft.
Are you going to remove any patches submitted by Novell employees from
the software you run and recompile the source?
Such a distribution would be a worthy project. First things first, we
need a name, a cool logo and a sourceforge account.

Rick