[Malvern] Is there a lawyer in the house ?

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 9 19:19:30 GMT 2007

Hi gang,

Are we talking about the same license?

I am referring  to the Television Receiving License.
You appear to be referring to the (Amateur) Transmitting License).
These are quite different.

The TV set is not supposed to radiate - that is not its job, though many
of them do !

My point concerns someone who would like to have a broadband internet
connection,
but doesn't wish to watch TV.

The trouble is, that the computer on broadband will,  or may be, able to
display TV,
and therefore may be held to require a TV
License.

He doesn't want to pay so dearly for a crap service that he will not be
using !

Best regards,

Geoff
G3FHL.