[Malvern] Root-kits in Linux.

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Fri Oct 5 18:31:12 BST 2007

Thanks Geoff. I hadn't scrolled that far down the list of today's stories.

Yawn. Nothing out of the ordinary. People run services on internet
connected computers. People run too many services. People use weak
passwords. People don't regularly update. People don't use use Mandatory
Access Control systems like SELinux or AppArmor. People don't use funky
dynamic firewall rules that block you for 60 minutes after 3 failed
attempts. etc etc