[Malvern] SD memory cards.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 11 14:28:16 BST 2007

Hi.

I have just bought a USB plug-in SD  memory reader to match my Canon
digital camera.

All works well,  and I can down-load my photos into my Toshiba laptop.

However, I would prefer to access the device by mounting it  ( say in
/mnt )  using the CLI,  rather than as a konqueror window.

The problem is that  mount /dev/sda1  asks for a filesystem type.

Can anyone make a good suggestion what to put after the "-t" request ?
Is there a way of looking at an existing file system, and identifying
its pedigree ?

Best regards,

Geoff.