[Malvern] Mounting SD memory.

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Thu Oct 11 18:42:08 BST 2007

Can you describe why you don't want to run a system that just works and
automounts the device?

Or rather, what did you have to do to stop a modern system just working?

Even on my iMac running Debian stable[1] at the moment, I plug in a USB
thingy and it gets automounted in a sensible directory under /media.

In fact the _only_ time I ever use CLI mount commands any more is when I
want to rip an audio CD that has data on it. grip doesn't rip the audio
portion if the disc is mounted (which happens automatically if there is
data) and only with the command line can I easily unmount without ejecting.

Rick

[1] About the oldest distro that might be considered modern, IYSWIM