[Malvern] Document Storage

Andrew Morris zaglabod at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 17 22:23:28 BST 2007

Ian,

When scanning to PDF, my printer doobries always prompted for next/last
page and made a multipage PDF after all the pages were scanned in to a
temporary location .. this actually allowed me to have different
size/orientation pages in the same PDF file. I haven't tried this with
XSANE, yet.

Filenames were made to suit. I now usually follow ISO8601 because the
results index in date order. I have recently been renaming the contents
of old archives and recreating archives. I find RW discs useful for
this! Common subject documents went in appropriate directories (Council,
Gas, Electric, Personal, Miscellaneous, Ignore(Tax) ... etc.) Never use
spaces in filenames ... personal hangover from SCO Unix ... always use
underscore.

Andy