[Malvern] Well, that's it for Sun Microsystems.

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 21 19:55:07 UTC 2009

Don't forget that Oracle has it's own offerings in the Open Source arena,
and Open Office and MySQL will nicely dove tail into that.

I personally think the more interesting aspect to this buy out will be what
happens to sun's hardware arm - they've a good reputation for their multi
core servers and Spark processors, and of course let's not forget Java!

I've nothing against IBM, as they do stirling FOS work, but from experience
with dealing with them at work I'm always a little on edge.

Ian