[Malvern] Python Simulation

me mgbg25171 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 22 10:47:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:02:10 +0100
"Ian Pascoe" <ianpascoe at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi Dean
>
> Did you manage to track down the Linux Weekly News article I mentioned
> today?
>
> If not I'll have a look see for you.
>
> [In case you 'orrible lot don't remember, Dean was attempting to
> write a warehouse and distribution simulation, and there was a Python
> package mentioned in one of the last couple o' LWNs about a
> library/package with some interesting bits and pieces that might
> interest Dean relating to simulations]
>
> Cheers
>
> Ian

Hi Ian

Yes!

It's called sim-py.
It's been on my radar for a while and I corresponded some years ago
with it's authors who reside in NewZealand and, I think, Germany.

I like it but it's a bit too slow for the sort of stuff I generally do
and not quite at the level of abstraction I prefer working at i.e.
it's lower.

I do like Python's productivity however and as you probably remember
use it for my front end in 'wx' form.

Thanks very much for pointing it out though and nice to see you.

Rgds
	Dean