[Malvern] Yus!

Andrew Morris zaglabod at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 17 14:49:34 UTC 2009

 From a recent Bristol Evening Post:

Outside Bristol Zoo is the car park, with spaces for 150 cars and 8
coaches. It has been manned 6 days a week for 23 years by the same
charming and very polite car park attendant with the ticket machine. The
current charges are £1 per car and £5 per coach.
On Monday 1 June, he did not turn up for work. Bristol Zoo management
phoned Bristol City Council to ask them to send a replacement parking
attendant.
The Council said, "That car park is your responsibility." The Zoo said,
"The attendant was employed by the City Council... wasn't he?" The
Council said, "What attendant?".
Gone missing from his home is a man who has been taking daily the car
park fees amounting to about £400 per day for the last 23 years, which
equates to nearly £3m.