[Malvern] Desktop Wireless Connectivity

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Fri May 8 06:06:31 UTC 2009

Ho de ho

Look at the specifications for these little laptot netbook thingies. As
these often came with linux you know the wireless chipset will work.
Then look for the same chipset on a card/usb device.

As a starter, the Acer Aspire One comes with an Atheros AR5BXB63 (aka
standard atheros) and wireless is known to work out of the box on fresh
installs of all the major flavours of penguin curry.