[Malvern] Bad news - Good news

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 18:02:39 UTC 2010

Yo

This will make you all laugh.

Bad news:
At 10.00am I was sorting a spare external drive to be able to dd a windows drive to run it in an emulator, using Gnusense and I presumed that, as on normal linux os's that /dev/sda was that the external drive. I cfdisk'ed it and resized the partitians and formatted it with mkfs. Then realised that /dev/sda was mounted on / . I calmed down and went for a walk and did not feel annoyed at all honest.

Good news:
I installed Debian Lenny and I forgot what a pleasure it was to go through the text screens and do all the stuff that makes Linux installs so much fun and full of promise. I am now in possession of an up to date box with Window Maker installed and all those fave apps that you just have to have to make the day brighter.

Bad news:
It is now 6.00pm and I am a day behind.

Good news:
I doesn't bother me as I am as chilled as a Paprika pineapple.

--
Cheers
Phil Ironside

Creative Spaces