[Malvern] Upgrading to Firefox

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 23 21:36:59 UTC 2010

Support for Edgy is long gone in Ubuntu.  Although you'll find the necessary
upgrade path to any currently supported version by using the delights of Mr
Google, I would certainly advocate ....

1.  Backing up all precious data to either CD or external drive
2.  Do a fresh install to whichever distro you want

3.  Bring your data back in

Although Linux distro upgrades are miles better than M$, there still tends
to be a lot of dross left around that could cause problems and unexpected
behaviours at some point.

Ian