[Malvern] Milton Keynes Perl Mongers - Fw: April/May's Tech Meet

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 11:59:28 UTC 2010

Yo Penguins, geeks and related hacks

This was sent around the Milton Keynes Perl Mongers list and I thought I would see what everyone thought. We are not sure of the dates yet but I would really like to get there. The unconference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference style seems something we may be able to get involved with. It is Perlcentric of course but hey. We can do Perl, us.

Depending on who would be interested depends on how we get there. As soon as I have a date I will post it.

-----------------------------
Message from Tom Hukins:

So I've been thinking about an "unconference" (type the word into your
favourite search engine to find out more) style replacement where the
structure and content of the meeting emerges on the evening.  Before I
think more about this I thought I'd ask what the rest of you think:
if there are general murmurs of approval, or even "let's see what
happens" I'll think about this more.

I imagine us meeting as usual in the Systems Seminar room, with
various laptops, maybe a couple of projectors, whiteboards and other
things.  We would get together in small groups to discuss topics that
we determine at the start of the meeting or maybe beforehand, maybe
for a fixed amount of time or maybe until people drift off to do other
things.  Individuals might want to share their knowledge on a topic,
gather together others' knowledge, or play with interesting ideas.

Any questions?  Any suggestions?  Good idea or bad idea?

Tom