[Malvern] Fw: Icedove

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 22 11:59:31 UTC 2013

Dear Keith.
Thank you for your interest in my difficulty.
I still haven't got IceDove to work on this 64 bit machine, but, having

a spare 32 bit Dell machine, I did a complete install of Debian 7.
I managed to get both my Web mail on Iceweasel working OK, and also
Icedove  MUA.   The the problem there is that the new(fangled)  versions
of Gnome will not allow me to install my favourite apps, nor for that
matter on the Desktop itself, which I like to use as working space.
Why can't they leave things alone ?
If I have any luck on this Debian 6, I will let you know.
Thanks for now.
Best regards.
Geoff