[Newark] Two things...

Christopher Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:40:40 BST 2007

There's just a couple of things I'd like to bring up. Firstly, are we
planning to do anything for Software Freedom Day 2007? I think we should -
partly because our website says that we are - and partly because I think
that we are a small LUG, and this is perhaps the only real opportunity for
an advocacy drive (until next year) - which actually has a nice reason to
prop it up. Although:

"Teams can register at any time up till 15 September 2007; the first 200
teams that register before 31 July will additionally receive supplies to
support their SFD activities."

Unfortunately, as were my fears, we've missed getting any shinny swag for
this year, better luck next year. Anyhow, what we can do is get a ton of
Ubuntu CDs via shipit.ubuntu instead. So all's not completely lost. And I do
have - some - swag, from LugRadio Live 2007. It does mean that this years'
FSD wont be quite as good as it could have been, but then again - it
reinforces the point that it wont be just about handing out swag and shinny
badges of penguins, instead it's gonna have to be a proper challenge where
we'll need to listen to people and actually talk to them about how certain
pieces of Free software can help them.

Anyhow - the second thing is we have a members page - does anyone want to
have their name/website/picture/anything put on there? So far it's just got
me, and it looks a little silly to be honest. Any views towards this would
be great. One idea I had was to put a planet
<http://www.planetplanet.org/>site up there to aggregate our blogs -
but, as with the member page itself,
currently that'd just be my blog.

Any feedback would be very appreciated! Thanks for reading.

Chris Hayes / cbhworld