[Newark] Two things...

Chris Burton Chris at 7of9b.org
Wed Aug 1 15:04:33 BST 2007

> There's just a couple of things I'd like to bring up. Firstly, are we
> planning to do anything for Software Freedom Day 2007? I think we should -
> partly because our website says that we are - and partly because I think
> that we are a small LUG, and this is perhaps the only real opportunity for
> an advocacy drive (until next year) - which actually has a nice reason to
> prop it up.

SFD isn't something that currently interests me, but others might feel more
positive.

> Anyhow - the second thing is we have a members page - does anyone want to
> have their name/website/picture/anything put on there? So far it's just
> got
> me, and it looks a little silly to be honest. Any views towards this would
> be great. One idea I had was to put a planet site up there to aggregate
> our
> blogs - but, as with the member page itself, currently that'd just be my
> blog.

You can stick my name (Chris Burton) on there if you want and a pic
http://gallery.7of9b.org/gallery2/d/1266-1/forum-pic.jpg which was taken
many years ago when I was setting up the network for the Tyneside LUG bring
a box day ;). I'd prefer a link to a wiki page so I can edit up some content
specific to the LUG and explain what I do with Linux rather than link to a
personal website which doesn't really exist anymore...

ChrisB.