[Newark] Hello

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 13 16:12:19 GMT 2007

Just subscribed to this LUG, having totally missed its creation by lurking on
the Nottingham LUG. I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been a Linux user since 1997 (Redhat 4.1), and I now run a couple of Linux
computers, one mainly as a file server, although I do use its desktop
sometimes, and I've Gentooed a RaQ4, which I run as my web server (it's a cute
1U rack box - I couldn't resist).

I used to be station engineer at Boundary Sound (I resigned the post earlier
this year because I don't have enough time between my day job and everything
else that I get up to, although I do still have connections with the station).
While there I set up several Linux work stations (although I fear these will
now have been reverted to Windows), and a linux server, which is still in use.

Despite this history as a long time user, I'm far from an expert, I still rely
on a little help from friends, but I can mostly get by.

Anyway, I'm looking for like minded linux users to meet, talk, and sink the
occaisional beer without having to travel too far...

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com