[Newark] Next Meeting(s)

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 6 20:47:32 UTC 2008

I think next weekend is brunch weekend. Are there any more suggestions of
where to go? As long as we don't end up at McDonalds[1], I'm not really
bothered where. I suggested "Feeling Peckish" last time, but if anyone can
suggest somewhere with more elbow room, I'd be up for that.

I'm not sure what the pub will be like on the last Tuesday this month, since
it falls between Christmas and New Year. If we're feeling really adventurous,
maybe we should have a Christmas meal (or a pub crawl through Newark with a
chinese/indian afterwards) since it's December? Other suggestions welcome.

There's still loads of people on this mailing list that I haven't met yet, and
would like to. We're not that scary[2]... honest! It doesn't matter if you
know absolutely nothing about Linux either - there's no such thing as a stupid
question, because we've all been there at some point[3]. hell, even if you
don't actually run Linux, and just want to find out how to pronounce it,
that's good enough.

Additionally... I feel bad for not having done a reciprocal trip to the
Mansfield LUG since we were "busted" for being a drinking society[4] back in
the summer. I'd be willing to drive if anyone wants to come with me (I'm a
real wuss, and don't want to go on my own).

Steve

[1] Or any similar "fast food" outlet that may aggravate IBS.

[2] I'm not scary unless I'm reminded of the infamous "core-utils" incident,
which might cause me to mutter quite a lot, string several swear words
together, and start foaming at the mouth, which might be perceived as being scary.

[3] Like, err, my "core-utils" incident. If only I'd asked "do I really want
to be uninstalling that?" before uninstalling it on a machine that doesn't
have a CD drive, making a rescue rather interesting.

[4] ...and there's nothing wrong with drinking societies...

--
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com