[Newark] Next meeting

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 4 15:36:02 GMT 2008

Khismett Riddle wrote:

> So there you have it, a one-liner chat system. That's what I would've
> bothered y'all with if I'd been at the meeting.

I've had to read this a few times to get my head around it, but that is indeed
rather more stunning than the usual "spell checker" example that's usually
presented. I've usually resorted to IRC for chat sessions. I did write a shared
file chat system in Windows, but FAT/NTFS tends to suffer from file access
collisions (don't we love single user, single tasking system that are hacked up
and sold as otherwise?)

I'm not sure anyone met at all last week... at least no one has admitted to
turning up to find no one else there. Has date has been set for the next
(March) meeting?

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com