[Newark] PodCast

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 18 11:03:13 GMT 2008

Chris Hayes wrote:

> Would anyone here like to do such a podcast if it doesn't exist?

I can certainly help out with creating podcasts...

...however there's possibly something better on the horizon. You may, or may
not, be aware that there's a group of people in Newark trying to set up a
community radio station (anyone heard of Boundary Sound?). Essentially, you can
consider this "access radio", where anyone who has something (clean and legal)
to say can put together a programme, and have it broadcast. Now don't get any
idea of "prime time" exposure or anything like that - something as minority as
Linux is likely to get a 30 minute slot at 1am on a Thursday morning, or
something like that (ok, I know the people involved, and it wouldn't be
anything nearly that bad), but it'd be one way to get a podcast some slightly
more serious exposure (after all, a "podcast" is just a pre-recorded radio
programme right?). What's more, if we were broadcasting it on such a station,
we could use the station's studio facilities to make a half decent job of it.

At the moment, Boundary Sound are awaiting news from Ofcom to see if their
application has been successul, so there's nothing definate just yet, but don't
you find it an exciting prospect to promote Linux to a wider audience?

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com