[Newark] Newark LUG Meets

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Thu May 1 16:53:15 BST 2008

Paul Mellors wrote:
> Didn't people go to a meet the other night?  How it go?  Fun?

I don't remember, I drank too much... 3 pints enough for me to talk extreme
garbage and not rememebr much of it the day after.

I do seem to remember saying nice things about Ubuntu 8.04 and how I installed
Ubuntu on my new Dell computer, which I bought with Vista because it was £30
cheaper to do so... and no, I haven't tried to claim back the cost of the Vista
licence yet, but I really should.

I also noted that my Wacom graphics tab works just fine under Ubuntu, but my
webcam seems to have issues. It's a Kodac EZ200 and Camerama seems to have the
blue and red video components swapped, and I can't see a way of swapping them
back. Xawtv shows video from the camera normally, but I can't take automated
captures from it.

We then talked about the pitfalls of writing scruffy code in C. Chris, the book
I mentioned was "C For Programmers" by Leendert Ammeraal, second edition ISBN
0-471-92851-8.

Umm... I don't remember much more than that. I got very wet as I walked home
though.

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com