[Newark] Newark LUG Meets

Khismett Riddle spindleflax at gmail.com
Thu May 1 23:39:21 BST 2008

> >  I haven't tried to claim back the cost of the Vista
> > licence yet, but I really should.
>
> To be honest i wouldn't bother, there's a number of people in the
> #ubuntu-uk group that have tried and given up it was made so
> difficult...

Yeah, I doubt it'll be worth the effort, I don't know how much they refund
but it will be exactly as little as possible. The important thing is to
check the relevant bits of the EULA, I think MS may have changed the deal
recently so you're not allowed to do it, or maybe so you have to do it
really quickly, like within a fortnight of getting the software. I'd link
you to the EULA, but Microsoft's page for it seems to be down.

I'll have to figure out a way to come to one of these meetings some day...