[Newark] Monthly Meet and Misc

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:12:47 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

We've got a meet coming up in roughly 2 weeks, on the 30th - usual
place, the Rose and Crown, Balderton - usual time, around 20:00 -
usual suspects, I imagine. It'll be cool if Craig could make it again,
as I'm aware he recently demoed the LPIC 1 course that ForLinux has
begun offering ( http://forlinuxtraining.co.uk/ ), it'd be interesting
to hear what he thought of it.

Now for something completely different, or slightly different, would
people be interested in a bimonthly, day time, weekend, coffee shop
meet up? Apologies for the immense premodification there. Now, this
was spoken about during a couple of the most recent meets, and I've
just been contacted by somebody who would be interested in a venture
such as this. What do you guys think?

Finally, some of you more observant LUGites might have noticed that
newark.lug.org.uk doesn't go to our website anymore, instead - due to
some problems over at LUG UK we're down. And have been for quite some
time. I have received a very kind offer from one of our members to
host the site, however I thought it'd be worth putting it out to you
guys before making such a decision.

And absolutely finally, anyone here use Blender? - or interested in
Blender? If so this would certainly be something either I or possibly
Khiz could demo/yakk about once we have an uber meet.

Regards,
Chris Hayes