[Newark] Monthly Meet and Misc

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 20 07:47:20 UTC 2008

Chris Hayes wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> We've got a meet coming up in roughly 2 weeks, on the 30th - usual
> place, the Rose and Crown, Balderton - usual time, around 20:00 -
> usual suspects, I imagine.

Yes, I'll try to be there, but the cribbage season has started again, so I've
got to try to get Shelagh (who happens to be team captain) to give me the
evening off

> Now for something completely different, or slightly different, would
> people be interested in a bimonthly, day time, weekend, coffee shop
> meet up?

You thinking of a Linux brunch sort of thing? Food is always good :-)

> Finally, some of you more observant LUGites might have noticed that
> newark.lug.org.uk doesn't go to our website anymore, instead - due to
> some problems over at LUG UK we're down. And have been for quite some
> time. I have received a very kind offer from one of our members to
> host the site, however I thought it'd be worth putting it out to you
> guys before making such a decision.

I've no strong feelings where it goes. If push comes to shove, I've got a RaQ4
running Gentoo with php5 installed, doing very little.

> And absolutely finally, anyone here use Blender? - or interested in
> Blender?

That might be cool. Something to look at anyway.

Steve

--
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com