[Newark] Life (Conway's Game of)

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 12:09:24 UTC 2009

And now we have life, written in Bash:
http://newark.lug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=bash_life

It's pretty slow, I haven't even tried to put in anything to boost
efficiency. I found on my laptop, running Gnome I got roughly a frame a
second on the bigger of the two patterns. On the test pattern I got around
2, maybe 2.5 frames a second.

Please feel free offer critique although bear in mind it isn't meant to be
pretty or good - it was really just a quick hack that gets the job done.

Kind Regards,
Chris Hayes