[Newark] FW: [lugmaster] WolvesLug's day out.....

Andy Hayes andy.hi2u at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:48:33 UTC 2009

I'm certainly very interested in seeing Colossus at Bletchley Park, I know
my Dad was doing something at Bletchley Park after the war.  I need to find
out whether he had any earlier involvement at Bletchley Park and weather he
was involved with the development of Colossus.  My Dad was a mathematician
and Electronics scientist working for the Government most of his working
life.  His last project for the Government was the laser fusion project to
try and establish nuclear fusion using laser beams.  This was at Aldermaston
I think laser Seventies early Eighties.  And the computer used to control
these four million pound laser beans was the BBC Computer.

Andy

On 28/01/2009, Chris Burton <Chris at 7of9b.org> wrote:

> > On the 9th of May 2009 (to still be arranged) Wolveslug decided they'd
> > like to go to Bletchley Park.  We then thought why not see if any other
> > Lugs in the UK wanted to either join us or meet up with us there.  Any
> > Interest Anyone?
>
> This came through on the lugmaster list - just wondering of anyone one from
> Newark LUG would be interested in going? As long as I'm not busy and still
> around Newark in May, I'd be happy to drive a small group down if there was
> interest.
>
> ChrisB.

Andy Hayes
Web designer for;

ADHD pages at; www.adhd.org.uk

New site, "Hi2u 4 people with hidden impairments" at; www.hi2u.org.uk

Main site, "Hi2u 4 people with hidden impairments" at; www.hi2u.org this
site is Browsealoud enabled, supporting people with reading difficulties.