[Newark] January Meet 2010

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:02:10 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

Our meet this month would be falling on the 26th; if anyone wants to
move this to a better date, let me know. I believe that at least one
of our members would prefer the meet date to be nearer to middle of
the week rather than at the end of it. If this is the case, let me
know. Also, where are we holding it Balderton, Newark? Pub,
restaurant? Let me know what you want.

I passed the LPIC2 exam on Friday; so if anyone is interested in LPI
up to certification level 2 feel free to probe my mind about it. I'll
probably be asking some questions about PHP at some point.

I'd like to finalise a basic roadmap for Newark LUG this year. Just
simple, straightforward stuff - like that the website needs finishing.
Having it out there, in the open, so that if people choose to they are
in a position to either help out or offer suggestions regarding the
aims for this year.

Suggestions; please feel completely open to suggest anything - Newark
LUG might be small, but if people seriously wanted tech
talks/presentations or other cool stuff, we could probably find a way
of arranging it; and that could easily attract more people to the LUG,
especially people from neighboring LUGs; in turn making such things
more viable.

Kind Regards,
Chris Hayes