[Newark] July Hack Attack?

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 19 23:44:55 UTC 2010

On 14/07/10 21:17, Craig Lynch wrote:

> Also, anyone got a particular programming task to do during said Hack
> Attack?

Well... Craig and I spent nearly 3 hours talking about programming, how C can
bite your ass, and then writing a few lines of code, before suggesting some
home work (which Craig will be pleased to know that I intend doing myself to
prove it can be done).

Just something that I forgot to say (there was a lot to say):

If you want to test equality, use == not =... = is assignment, which, being a
function like everything else in C, returns the value that was assigned (which
is why x=y=3 is valid syntax). So write if (x==y) {code} to test equality
between x and y, otherwise you'll be assigning y to x, which might not be what
you wanted to do. The equality function returns 0 for false, and non-zero for
true. I suspect I might need to say some more about this.

I'm quite happy to "do it again" for anyone who can sync their available time
to mine (Friday 30th is my next free day).

> P.S If the Hack Attack ends up happening at my place I have a Wii (New
> Super Mario and Bit.Trip XD )

I've now downloaded the full version of Bit Trip on my Wii. I can see me
wasting many many hours on that!

Steve

--
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com