[Newark] Newark LUG Website

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:51:46 UTC 2011

I'm intending to redesign the Newark LUG website fully. Does anyone
(I'm looking at you Craig) have any opinions concerning the look and
feel of the website? What kind of image we'd like to go for? Do we
already have an image, one that might be worth retaining elements of?
I would guess that we're aiming for the tinkerer demographic... but
what exactly does designing for that demographic entail?

Would anyone be interested in meeting up in IRC this weekend, or next
week to discuss this?

> How about kids grotesque pics of Steve Ballmer being scary and ranting
> about Free software communism in torn shirt and pants like the Hulk?
> Or we could skip the kids if we can't find any or angry parents chase
> us out of the playground and just draw them ourselves?

Drawing them ourselves might be good... Do any of you like the idea of
me integrating something like Processing.js (see link below) into the
wiki? I was trying to find a client-side interpreted language that
could be integrated into the wiki so that we might be able to geek
around on it. I was also looking for a language that was orientated to
graphics work. While searching for the later I found the former.

http://processingjs.org/

Cheers,
Chris Hayes