[Newark] Thanks :)

Craig Lynch c_lynch87 at outlook.com
Fri Jul 29 16:28:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for attending to all those that
made it last night. I hope you had a good time both newbies and
regulars. Katherine particularly enjoyed sharing a little bit of her
hobby with people.

We covered a lot of topics between us:
The history of Linux and origins of Unix too.

Security and privacy in the modern world.

New graphics card releases.

My arcade cabinet project.

Pokèmon Go and it's clever uses of technology.

Cyanogen and what lies ahead for CyanogenOS.

The Windows 10 free upgrade deadline.

Big company sales (ARM & Yahoo!).

Which
 was almost all of the talking points I had gathered for the evening!
The final one was more server related; the new IBM Power8 Architecture
processor, in a 2U with 32DIMM slots, 14DD slot 4PCIe3 slot and two
redundant power units for just under $5k. Incredible pricing for the
compute power available.

Hope to see you at the next meet. :)

C.