[Nottingham] Are the council implementing a linux desktop str ategy.

Siddle, James nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 18 08:50:01 2002

I haven't heard anything in the news related to Nottingham County Council,
but there is a related story about the Inland Revenue (which happens to be
based in Nottingham):

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1135386 <http://www.vnunet.com/News/1135386>

Apparently they have been considering migrating their ~70,000 desktops to
Linux.

Jim

James Siddle BSc(Hons) MBCS
Software Engineer
Contract Engineering

Telephone: +44 (0) 115 943 2313
Fax: +44 (0) 115 943 4969
E-mail: james.siddle@siemens.com <mailto:james.siddle@siemens.com>

Siemens Communications
Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1LA, UK
http://www.siemenscomms.co.uk <http://www.siemenscomms.co.uk/>

Siemens Communications - a division of Siemens plc, Registered No: 727817,
England. Registered office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berkshire,
RG12 8FZ.
This communication contains information which is confidential and may also
be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not
the addressee please note that any distribution, reproduction, copying,
publication or use of this communication or the information is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please contact us
immediately and also delete the communication from your computer. We accept
no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use
of this e-mail.