[Nottingham] Cleaning Up disk

BUNTER MATTHEW nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Dec 19 16:34:01 2002

--- Re=E7u de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             19/12/02 =
17.31

Martin,

I get a :

rpm: one type of query/verify may be performed at one time

when I try this. I am using rpm-3.0.4-0.48

Rgs,

Matt

------------------------------------------------------------------------=
----

Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:26:16 +0000
Subject: Re: [Nottingham] Cleaning Up disk

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Paul Sladen wrote:

> I suspect that uninstalling some package/application will probably rec=
over
> you more space than deleting all of the above.

I agree, and I have found that when I need to clear some space on an RPM
based system, something like the following is useful:

rpm -qa -qf "%{SIZE} %{NAME}\n" | sort -nr

which as you can guess will list the rpms installed in order of decreasi=
ng
size.

Regards,
Martin.