[Nottingham] Wireless Post?

Alex Walker nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 9 14:28:01 2002

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 9:37 pm, Carl Ebrey wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Martin Garton wrote:
> > I haven't seen the evening post. Anyone care to briefly summarise?
> http://www.thisisnottingham.com/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=3D66056&command=3D=
displa
>yContent&sourceNode=3D65583&contentPK=3D2763614

"This is caused by individual staff members going against company rules and=
=20
bringing wireless laptops into work," he said.

NO!  Not laptops without wires!  They should all have wires!  No, hang on, =
how=20
about they shouldn't have built in screens?  Separate the screen from the=20
keyboard bit and make them both bigger and heavier... then they'll not be=20
ABLE to bring them into work.  And since they won't use them on their laps,=
=20
maybe they'll put them on their desks... we could call them...

/me makes a note to not send all his random thoughts to nlug.

<pedant-ish>I think they mean laptops with wireless networking capabilities=
 or=20
something</pedant-ish>

Alex

=2D-=20
Vulcans never bluff.
		-- Spock, "The Doomsday Machine", stardate 4202.1