[Nottingham] OT: Laptop for sale (but it can run Linux)

Simon Amor nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 28 00:26:01 2002

[first sent to wrong address.. oops!]

Hi,

  Sorry it's a bit off-topic; the laptop has run Linux in the past
though :)

Is anyone interested in buying a second-hand Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop?
It's only about 18 months old and runs really well but seller (not me!)
wants an iBook instead!

850MHz Pentium III
32Mb GeForce 2
512Mb RAM (upgraded from original 128Mb)
20Gb hard disk
Removable CDRW (swaps with FDD)
Built-in DVD drive
Internal modem and 10/100 network
Firewire (4 pin) port, 2 USB ports.
2 PCMCIA slots
15" SXGA+ LCD (1440x1050 native res, no dead pixels)
ESS Maestro sound + builtin Harman Kardon Speakers
Brand new battery
Multicolour palmrest kit (purple, blue, grey, yellow)

Targus backpack fits laptop plus CDs, graphics tablet, AC adapter, and
other assorted cables (only the backpack and AC adapter included
though!).

Comes with Windows 2000 and Windows ME licenses and CDs, driver and
bundled application CDs and manuals. Has extended warranty (parts and
labour) until 2004.

950 pounds o.n.o

Useful related links: http://web.mit.edu/iye/www/dell/

For further information etc, please contact me offlist.

   Simon
--
Simon Amor   simon@shoe.bocks.com
ICQ:529466   http://shoe.bocks.com/