[Nottingham] Wireless networking

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 1 16:39:01 2002

hmm, whats the output from iwconfig? any errors, lost frames?

any weird kernel problem's showing in dmesg?

any hardware conflicts at the interrupt level (cat /proc/interrupts)

have you try using a different channel, you may be getting interference
from near by taxi firms ;-)...

Might be a vendor interoperablity problem, make sure there both working
in true 802.11b mode.

if the 11/mb cards, you should at *best* see around 5/mbs a second..at
best... more likey 2/mbs a second, (that's around 200k per second).

have you tried any but ftp, perhaps a large http transfer?

the stats from iwconfig and ifconfig might tell us more.

Cheers,
Lee
'Will fix linux for beer'