[Nottingham] Weird Stuff

Guangyue Liu nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 6 16:25:00 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Graeme Fowler wrote:
>You're on an NTL cable modem. Several thousand other people are on the
>same network, and they're all using DHCP or BOOTP for addresses.

My of my friends has NTL cable modem too, i checked his log and didn't find
anything like this.

>That's just a DHCP client broadcasting for a server. It can be ignored -
>better to do so, as it'll clutter up your logs :)

I had a quick search on the net after NTL's service is back on. It seems to be
some kind of DoS attack on some other machines (which hopefully my machine has
NOT done). I doubt they are DHCP requests, as it does not explain the IP
address "10.144.103.254" - it is neither mine, or valid to ping. and it is
the same IP through out the log (thousands of entries).

:-S

have a nice weekend

-guy-