[Nottingham] Installfest Proposal

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 11 10:51:01 2003

On 11 Apr 2003, Robert Postill wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 09:35, Roger Light wrote:
> > Sure, I'm willing. Ford Escort.
> Just to check, no dodgy tinted windows and big bass speaker system I
> hope? :)

Furry dice , leopard skin seat covers ?

> > Just a thought - how about also offering something like, iirc, ZipSlack that installs onto an existing fat32 partition and doesn't disturb the current install. It might be useful for someone who turns up with stage fright - not *that* sure that they want to get rid of Windows.
> Right, I've seen a number of suggestions, knoppix, demolinux, zipSlack
> etc.  I guess what we need is some sorty of cookoff to really decide
> which is best for a newbie.  Might I suggest that for June's meeting we
> have a "battle of the removable distros"?
> Robert.

Exellent idea.  That would be July  or September (if people are still up for a trip to see
Matrix - reboot in June.)  You might also need to fight it out with Mike for July.
He is down to do a Samba talk that evening having been shunted off May's slot
by Dave Jones.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,