[Nottingham] Installfest Proposal

.waffle nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 11 17:57:01 2003

Robert Postill <robert@grinning-cat.com> wrote:
| On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 16:11, .waffle wrote:
|| With my smart new USB to IDE thingy, all OS's that support USB Mass
|| Storage Support (and Linux is encompassed in that, as long as it has
|| a 2.4 kernel) will work with it. Ie/ All your CD-RW's, HDD, anything
|| IDE that can be set to master mode will work.
| Erm, so it's an external hard drive case then.  Just with a USB
| interface right?

Well, yes, it's an external hard drive case. Without the case. imagine a USB
lead. Now imagine one end is an IDE plug. That's what you're looking at. It
ahs a power supply etc, but yeah, it's a brilliant invention, and I couldn't
abuse my dad's internet connection at his office without it...

| Sounds like it might be an answer.  Please do bring it along.
| Robert.

.waffle