[Nottingham] Installfest Proposal

Rob Andrews nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Apr 12 20:16:01 2003

[12-Apr-2003 19:56.18 (BST) / Martin]
 > > Google for "uzi" and "z80" some time.
 > Out on the web there is (amongst much else):

I picked the archives up from a BBS in the very early 90s. To this day, I've
still not had the impetus to try it, despite having numerous examples of Z80
hardware sitting around the house.

 > No more wild questions from me for a while!

Well, this is what people do when they have spare time <g>

Today, I squeezed the QuickTime 6 dlls into my machine and managed to get
xine playing back quicktime movies using libw32codec, which in conjuction
with a 272x160 text console and aaxine spat out the "Matrix: Reloaded" trailer
at a superb framerate. Of course, it lacked the hardware-accelerated scaling
extension, but I'm sure you'll agree it played reasonably fast without using
actual graphics as such.

Screenshots available if I can be bothered and anyone asks <g>

--
rob 'nine' andrews    <e> rob@impure.org.uk <finger> nine@impure.org.uk
i'm not a goth. i thought i was just being ironic. <pgp_key> 0x8bb5c71e