[Nottingham] apache config tutorial

Dan Mackdermott nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 16 15:34:00 2003

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, paul wrote:
> Ive been looking for howtos for the above.  I've found several but after
>   printing them out and reading them the dont seem that useful. Can
> anyone point me in the right direction. I'm basically playing with a
> linux box to run as dedicated web server and want to do a decent job.
> Its a standard build of RH 7.3

In my experience, RedHat produce fairly clean builds of Apache which can
usually be used 'out of the box' to run a decent server.

> Anyone point me in the right direction wrt tutorials / howtos etc ?

Have you checked out http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/tutorials.html ?

There's an awful lot of documentation around for Apache and I wouldn't
blame you if said 'Huh?'.  It may be more beneficial to say 'How do I
...?' or 'Where can I find out how to ....?'.  That way, people can point
you to more specific tutorials or they may have done it themselves and can
say 'this is what you need to do...'.

Cheers,

Dan

--