[Nottingham] Compiler problem - 2nd attempt

Bunter Matthew nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 17:13:00 2003

All,

I sent the below a few days ago and haven't seen it on the mailing list yet, so I'm trying again.

I am trying to get through a book about MySQL and PHP development and the author gives commands on how to install MySQL and PHP (non-RPM). I presume to sucessfully continue through his examples I need to follow his configurations for installing the two applications. So ....

Problem - Mandrake 8.2 when doing  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

I get :

C compiler cannot create executables

It is a brand spanking new fresh install. Only modification I did was to change the time. Ideas? Anyone?

Regards,

Matt