[Nottingham] Re: Debian keymaps (was: NLUG Links page (Was: ...))

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 09:54:01 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Paul Sladen wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> > by the way, have any Debian users found a keymap which fixes
> > the <shift>-3 problem (ie. generates a #\n rather than =A3 ) ?
>
> Do you have a US keyboard setup as UK (or vis versa).
>
> Try something like:
>
>   # loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.kmap.gz

Been there done it no worked :(
It afflict both my debian testing boxes.  I cannot remember if
it happens on my stable box.

Have fun,
Duncan

--=20
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,
Phone +44 116 252 3635    University of Leicester,
E-mail djf@star.le.ac.uk  University Road,
                          Leicester, LE1 7RH, U.K.