[Nottingham] redhat update (8 to 9)

Graeme Fowler nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 1 08:50:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 01:35, Wolfgang wrote:
> sorry just one 5gb but I think it's in /usr (maybe rh 9 installs much
> more software than rh8 does). The problem is I don't have a package list
> of what was installed before - so I can't compare.

Assuming nnn == number of days since you did the upgrade, you could
always do this horribly disk-intensive and probably way, way
under-optimised bit of shell plumbing:

find /usr -type f -ctime nnn -exec rpm -qf {} \; | sort -u

That's going to tell you what files were created on that day, and then
find the RPMs they come from. Blunt and crude, but it might help!

Graeme Fowler <graeme@graemef.net>