[Nottingham] Re: Two X servers on one X client, previously (no subject)

Ben Blackburne nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 7 10:02:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 19:20, David Bean wrote:

> Xinerama, as far as I can tell, will only link two screens in one
> machine to make a display, not link two displays in seperate machines.
> What I want is to be able to see it like one big desktop, but from two
> machines.

Is there not some way to hack this with VNC?

Start a vnc display on one machine with a geometry 2 monitors wide.

Can VNC then be used to connect twice? Open a VNC window on each X
server, one positioned on the left of the display, one on the right
side.

Then use x2x so that when the pointer drops off one display it appears
on the other.

Its crazy, but it just might work.

Ben